[SML] A design question

David Fox David.Fox at etcconnect.com
Thu Jun 9 13:23:08 UTC 2022

[uncloaking]
> On Jun 8, 2022, at 11:02 AM, Riter, Andrew via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
> If you drew new set plans from memory of the TV show, which could resemble the original:? not copyright.? It won?t be close enough.
> If you drew set plans while looking at stills/paused images of the TV show: drawings may be more accurate, but I doubt it would be close enough to break the law.
> If you acquired copies of the set plans, and re-drew and built from those, I?m pretty sure that would be copyright infringement).

Why not try to reach out to the set designer and production company explaining what you want to do? You may be surprised at their response and willingness to collaborate and discuss it. Asking for permission goes a long way sometimes.

It is important to note that the opinions of the individual and those of their employer are not always aligned.

What you have read should be construed as my opinion and not the opinion of my employer.

If you don't like or agree with my thoughts and musings, I am the one you should take to task and not the nice people who pay me.

Be Seeing You
David
He/him/his