[SML] Smoke vs Heat vs Rate of Rise detectors

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 01:28:39 UTC 2022

Most modern heat detectors are both rate of rise and fixed temp, so just
avoid particle (smoke). (In US, no option in return air other than
particle. Am working on a code change to fix that.)  I've not formed a
strong opinion on the beam detectors.  Had one that shot across a catwalk.
Move past that point fast and no problem, but stop a second and alarm
activates.  Another project helium balloons in house set it off.  But maybe
with thought on placement they'd be OK.