[SML] Smoke vs Heat vs Rate of Rise detectors

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Thu Mar 10 02:11:35 UTC 2022

According to everything I've read about them. they work great in large
spaces.  Here is a video link to testing of the system in the
engineering spaces on a cargo ship.  (caution, loud fire alarms and
machinery noise in sound track)   The first space is the main engine
room, which looks like it's at least three decks above the top of the
engine, and there likely is another two or three decks down to the base
of the engine.

https://youtu.be/urZVDTkZXdE
You notice that they are not bothering to de energize any of the
electrical equipment either.

Dale