[SML] Fixing carpet on risers

Joe jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 05:21:30 UTC 2022

I volunteer at a theater that has aluminum, carpeted audience risers, and some of the carpet is starting to get damaged at the edges.  I've occasionally been trimming off the threads that come out from the backing, so that the vacuum cleaner does not grab them and further unravel things. But, some areas definitely need more help.  I guess I could try fray-check made for fabric. Another thought, for the corners that are more damaged, is to mix some white glue with dark blue paint, and use that to both glue the carpet down, and stop further fraying. But, I am hoping the folks here might offer more experienced advice.

Attached is an image of one of the more damaged spots at a corner.  Though, most of the threads from the backing, that I trimmed off today,
 were along the straight edges.  Is there anything that would permanently solve the problem with threads?

-Joe