[SML] video camera setup for video monitoring stage from the obstructed booth

Steven Mclean stevenjmclean at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 19:19:46 UTC 2022

Thanks, I'll check it out.
Meanwhile, since the one you referenced appears to be on backorder, could I
use this BNC HDMI Adapter
<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09R1XTR3G/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_3?smid=A1506DFOACW8F6&psc=1>
instead? (through the HDMI port of a small TV or monitor)

BNC HDMI Adapter CVBS Analog Component Female BNC Input 720P 1080P Coax
HDMI Composite Out HDCP Deep Color Video Audio Converter Box Hook up
Security Camera CCTV Surveillance CVR DVRs to HD TV Monitorinstead?

On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 2:57 PM Robert Engel <robert at engelenterprizes.com>
wrote:

> Steven,
> With this type of security camera you would have to make sure to switch
> the output from the HD over Analog types (TVI, AHD, CVI) to standard CVBS /
> Composite video.  Doing this will lose any type of higher resolution
> (1080P, etc), but should work. (That specific camera doesn't really say it
> outputs normal video - so that one may or may not work.)
> Or.. you could use the HD over Analog types to get a beter picture with
> the use of a converter like the one below that would convert the TVI into
> VGA that can be shown on a monitor at the higher resolutions that the
> camera can output - Still with the camera -> BNC (coax) -> converter -> VGA
> -> monitor.
>

> https://www.amazon.com/HD-TVI-Video-Converter-Composite-Simultaneously/dp/B01JBA6MN8
>
> Cheers!
> Robert Engel
>

> On Wed, Mar 30, 2022 at 2:17 PM Steven Mclean via Stagecraft <
> stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
>> All,
>> I am sure this issue has been covered ad nauseum, but it has been a while
>> since I saw the subject and even longer since I was faced with addressing
>> this issue.
>>
>> At the small independent theatre in Southwest Florida that I am now
>> working with, we have a situation where the SM & board ops will have a
>> partially obstructed view of some portions of the set for an upcoming
>> production & I want to head off potential last-minute cuing emergencies.
>>
>> In the past, I have used cheap wireless video cameras & tube style tvs &
>> more expensive zoom cameras over F-style coax cable (also with older
>> tube-style TVs through antena transformers)  These were all WELL before the
>> advent of Digital-only TVs.
>>
>> After some research, I believe that I can purchase an inexpensive
>> adjustable-zoom CCTV camera such as the Honic Clear Night Vision 108P
>> <https://www.amazon.com/Bright-Starvis-2-8-12mm-Outdoor-Security/dp/B07TSHWQJJ/ref=sr_1_14?crid=3RUT5BUB8P7Y4&keywords=zoom+cctv+camera&qid=1648662141&sprefix=zoom+cctv+camera%2Caps%2C81&sr=8-14>
>> and using BNC cable & a BNC to RCA converter, hook it up to the Composite
>> video port of a monitor or tv.
>>
>> If anyone has experience and the time to confirm this (or to set me
>> straight),  I'd appreciate the feedback.  I can take responses offline at
>> my email to reduce bandwidth if desired.
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Steven J McLean
>> 515-480-8461