[SML] Tempered Hardboard (Masonite)

Greg Bierly gbierly at dejazzd.com
Wed May 18 23:24:17 UTC 2022

I currently have what I am going to affectionately refer to as maso (knowing it is tempered hardboard) currently installed on our mainstage.  Our second theater (the original HS auditorium) has a parquet wood floor with a gym finish directly on a concrete pour.  This has been our dance rehearsal space for the past 25+ years.  The surface is not bad but absolutely no give.  Indoor guard/percussion, cheerleading, musical rehearsal and other activities use the space.   That theater will most likely be torn down in the next renovation in 5-10 years.  Without going to the expense of tearing up the whole floor and doing a sprung floor any economical suggestions.  I am currently suggesting “maso” directly over the parquet to at least match the surfaces.  Anyone successfully put a pad or liner under maso for a dance space to make it a little easier on the dancers joints?  Currently the school is looking at just rescreening and new gym coat.  Any suggestions are welcome.  I do know the process of prepping and putting down “maso.”  Thanks

Greg Bierly
Performing Arts Center Coordinator
Hempfield High School