[SML] Sound board recommendations for theatuh

Jeffrey Kanyuck JKanyuck at Harford.edu
Mon Nov 7 18:58:35 UTC 2022

If you are wanting to get a board that people are using in general for small little gigs in tiny theaters for community based stuff then by all means get whatever is cheap and easy like the A+H or cheap Midas Boards.
But, if you want something that people are using for touring shows or working on in IATSE or event contractor situations then you need to be looking at something in the $20K plus range.  But, if you want the surface control vs paging through to hit a certain channel then add another $10K.

Probably what you really want is something that is going to deal with your high school level runners that will teach them the basics of what they need and still have the control surface you want which is the A+H SQ-7 48 Channel Mixer.

Now this is me having just glanced through what Sweetwater has and price ranges and such. Trying to take into account what you want as a spec (and totally understanding the want for control of channels RIGHT there on one surface). You might be able to find the same board with-out the XLR connections on the back for everything and just use networked boxes for a bit of a cheaper price. But, I don't think you'll find it with the control surface you want.

Jeff Kanyuck
A mediocre guy of all sorts of things.