[SML] [EXTERNAL] Gobos

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Fri Sep 16 21:04:29 UTC 2022

Ah, that's a very good point. I too interpreted it to mean "stock"
gobos, and I like Goboman's "stock" gobos, although their stock
catalog is not nearly as deep as Rosco/GAM or Apollo.  But, what they
do stock is excellent quality in my opinion.

I've only had custom gobos made three times in 30+ years.... I did use
Goboman once for that (and it was fine) but my favorite was a
long-gone shop out of Nevada - something like N & N or something like
that. I vaguely recall a sad story as to why they shut down, but I
loved the quality of their custom gobos - jeweler's brass, as I
recall.

 - Jon

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 12:56 PM Jeffrey Kanyuck via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Seems like most everyone was giving you names of the companies that make them thinking you are trying to get custom gobos made.
>
> That isn’t the way it came across to me.
>
> Looks like you want to just buy some gobos for a show that are standard templates.
>

> Look at Barbizon.com, or call the one closest to you, for a quick reference and get the schools Tax exempt ID so they don’t charge you tax.
>
> For now this is a good quick solution. But, then shop around and look at places that are closer to you that might want to deal with you at a lower price in hopes of getting further business from you. Just google it, they will show up.
>

> Jeff
>
> TD @ Harford Community College

Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com