[SML] Beverly Emmons lighting archive

Herrick Goldman herrick at evokecollaborative.com
Mon Apr 3 14:28:32 UTC 2023

Hey stagecraftians. David Barbour and I had a chat with Beverly Emmons yesterday. She's concerned about the future of http://thelightingarchive.org/
After she "passes on" which ,obviously, we hope won't be for a long time.

She's approached the library of Congress but it's not interested. I told her I'd see if we can find a place/way to host so that it is stored and hosted in a redundant fashion like a seed bank.

I have some professional librarian types I've reached out to. In the meantime if any of you would like to help in this effort please let me know. I suspect we will need to raise some funding eventually and build a community to keep it going. Ideally educational institutions would be involved for their longevity.

Thoughts?

Herrick

Herrick Goldman he/him
917.797.3624