[SML] Non-Standard terms - update?

Kristi R-C misswisc at aol.com
Mon Apr 17 02:11:13 UTC 2023

Over twenty years ago this was asked here:
From: David Boevers
Subject: Non-standard Theatrical Terms
Hello all, I'm in the process of compiling a glossary of nonstandard theatrical shop vocabulary. I'd appreciate it if everyone would dip into their proprietary glossaries and send me some good ones. Some examples to get you started:
          "wikki-wikki" & "fwubida" - terms relating to unit stability
          "doesee-doe" & "Iwo Jima" - referring to material handling
          and my favorite so far
          "Toblerones" - for periaktoi.
Anyway, let me know if you've got a good one.
Thanks much,
David

And resulted in this list:

https://www.sapsis-rigging.com/NSTTerms.html

I'm wondering if there are additions given the fact we've had 20 years to come up with new things. I suspect Sarah will still be wiling to update as she has time.

Kristi RC