[SML] [EXTERNAL] Non-Standard terms - update?

Jeffrey Kanyuck JKanyuck at Harford.edu
Tue Apr 18 13:15:12 UTC 2023

I remember getting that email question when it came out! OMG, I’ve been a member of this list at least that long? (Feeling old and crawling back into bed to save my back)

Though I can say I haven’t heard anything significantly new or different after looking these over again.

Jeff Kanyuck

From: Stagecraft <stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net> On Behalf Of Kristi R-C via Stagecraft
Sent: Sunday, April 16, 2023 10:11 PM
To: stagecraft at theatrical.net
Cc: Kristi R-C <misswisc at aol.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [SML] Non-Standard terms - update?

Over twenty years ago this was asked here:
From: David Boevers
Subject: Non-standard Theatrical Terms
Hello all, I'm in the process of compiling a glossary of nonstandard theatrical shop vocabulary. I'd appreciate it if everyone would dip into their proprietary glossaries and send me some good ones. Anyway, let me know if you've got a good one.
Thanks much,
Davi

And resulted in this list:

https://www.sapsis-rigging.com/NSTTerms.html

I'm wondering if there are additions given the fact we've had 20 years to come up with new things. I suspect Sarah will still be wiling to update as she has time.

Kristi RC