[SML] [no subject]

Herrick Goldman herrick at evokecollaborative.com
Thu Aug 3 03:09:12 UTC 2023

Yay! Welcome home!

Herrick Goldman he/him
917.797.3624

Www.EvokeCollaborative.com<http://Www.EvokeCollaborative.com>
Www.HGLightingDesign.com<http://Www.HGLightingDesign.com>

________________________________
From: Stagecraft <stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net> on behalf of Steven Hood via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 2, 2023 10:55:11 PM
To: Dave Vick via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Cc: Steven Hood <shood_td at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [SML] [no subject]

Happy to have you back, Brother. I'm happy to buy you a beverage any time.
Steven

On August 2, 2023 7:34:52 PM Dave Vick via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

Um, hi.  Remember me?  It's been a minute...  Okay, actually it's been
around 22 months, but you know what I mean.

I was having lunch the other week with an old friend who's the Asst.
House Manager of my old theatre, the Wharton Center at MSU (and a
delightful young lady*, but that's another story), and it got me to
thinking about how much I'd been unconsciously missing the backstage
community.  Then I got in a Zoom call with Kristi (among others) and
the unconscious missing became extremely conscious missing. I'm NOT
returning to work onstage; it turns out I actually like bus driving -
hey, I never said I was sane - and the few times I did go back onstage
in the past year or so were.... Umm...  Weird. But it's a process.

So here I am, hat in hand. It feels like I've healed up enough from
the utter shyte that drove me out of the Craft two years ago-ish that
I can at least come back to the Tavern, if y'all will have me back.
I'll just curl up in the corner over here; don't mind me. Not sure
who's barkeeping these days, but if you need some glasses washed, or
anything else y'all need, lemme know.

* Younger than me, anyway...
--
-DV