[SML] [no subject]

Ford Sellers fsellers at chauvetlighting.com
Thu Aug 3 15:45:47 UTC 2023

Hi DV,
Welcome back!

-----Original Message-----
From: Stagecraft <stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net> On Behalf Of Dave Vick via Stagecraft
Sent: Wednesday, August 2, 2023 10:34 PM
To: Stagecraft Mail List <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Cc: Dave Vick <dave.vick at gmail.com>
Subject: [SML] [no subject]

Um, hi.  Remember me?  It's been a minute...  Okay, actually it's been around 22 months, but you know what I mean.

I was having lunch the other week with an old friend who's the Asst.
House Manager of my old theatre, the Wharton Center at MSU (and a delightful young lady*, but that's another story), and it got me to thinking about how much I'd been unconsciously missing the backstage community.  Then I got in a Zoom call with Kristi (among others) and the unconscious missing became extremely conscious missing. I'm NOT returning to work onstage; it turns out I actually like bus driving - hey, I never said I was sane - and the few times I did go back onstage in the past year or so were.... Umm...  Weird. But it's a process.

So here I am, hat in hand. It feels like I've healed up enough from the utter shyte that drove me out of the Craft two years ago-ish that I can at least come back to the Tavern, if y'all will have me back.
I'll just curl up in the corner over here; don't mind me. Not sure who's barkeeping these days, but if you need some glasses washed, or anything else y'all need, lemme know.

* Younger than me, anyway...
--
-DV
(Yeah; *That* Guy)