[SML] Ultraviolet Video Projector?

Joe jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 11 13:55:48 UTC 2023

I recall Wildfire's discharge lamp based fixtures. But, they no longer sell that type.  Just LED and Fluorescent fixtures. However, they do sell the Metal Halide lamps, which they say produces 35% more UV than other metal halide lamps.... which suggests all lamps like this emit UV.
I will also mention that I saw a video of someone taking apart one of the cheap Chinese projectors (probably one with false lumens ratings)  It has 3 LEDs, RGB, which were combined and aimed at a fairly large LCD (Perhaps cell phone sized) panel that was arranged to be reflective.  It obviously used the separate LED colors like a color wheel.  The LCD would have been without the internal color filters.  That could be an easy one to hack to be UV.

-Joe Dunfee
 717-203-8670 Cell