[SML] Laser projection for white stars

Matthew Breton theatricalmatt at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 16 00:21:47 UTC 2023

A lot of these "lasers" are just LEDs without diffusing lenses, since LEDs are by nature point sources.  I think one of the comments on this particular product drives that point home.  ("NOT NOT NOT a laser product!")  A 5W LED is nowhere near as bright or dangerous as a 5W laser ... but watch out, just the same.

Matthew Breton
Design for Theater and Dance