[SML] Pylon source?

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 19:32:37 UTC 2023

Swanson bought that Olympic mill (in maybe 2016?)  Planned to close it
briefly and upgrade line - I think the piece that roll coatsthe ply and
hardboard and presses it.  A lot of delays and then pandemic.  I have heard
in last 6-12 months Swanson has reopened that mill, but have not verified
it.  (I'm retired and don't keep up on that stuff.)

In my last project (just a stage floor replacement started in 2017, shelved
twice, and then recently bid - surprise - projects budgeted and funded in
2017 are over budget when they bid in 2022) I listed Olympic Products
Plyron, Roseburg Rigidply, and Eagle Plywood Industrial Plyron. My
understanding is Eagle basically oems it for Weeks Forest Products Inc, a
major midwest supplier,and am led to believe that began when Olympic mill
was closed by Swanson.  Again, I use to make a round of calls on this (and
PPG Break-Through V90-50 Wrought Iron) every 12 to 18 months, but have
stopped.

I suggest you try calling Olympic (some same people and nos. now at
Swanson), Swanson, Weeks, and Roseburg.  I never had any luck contacting
Eagle.

And make sure you get plyron made with tempered class 1 hardboard both
sides.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2023 at 11:27 AM Bruce Bennett via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Happy New Year,
>
> Plyron is made by Olympic Panel Products and your local sheet-stock
> supplier ought to be able to get ahold of it.
>
> Bruce Bennett
>
> "A society grows great when old people plant trees whose shade they know
> they shall never sit in." - Greek proverb
>
> > On Jan 10, 2023, at 10:51, Bill Potter via Stagecraft <
> stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> >
> > Happy New Year Listers!
> >
> > Looking for a source for Pylon to cover (and protect) our new sprung
> dance floor during our Spring Musical.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Bill Potter
> > Arts Technical Director