[SML] Quiet solenoid?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed Jul 19 18:41:23 UTC 2023

Greetings, tiny group of Holdouts on the SML.... it's been a long time
since I've dealt with solenoids on a set - basically re-teaching
myself on this, for a couple of needs this next season. Basically, I
usually looked for some other solution, because any solenoid-rigged
gizmos I worked with were freakishly noisy... I don't need s BLAM
gunshot-sound when I want a solenoid to activate. Kind of takes folks
out of the moment on stage.  And, one application is in a black box
(having a fake beam "fall" about 2 inches, and have some sand/dirt
dribble down onto the floor).

Thoughts?  Experiences with "quiet" solenoids? Sources?  TIA...

 - Jon

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com