[SML] Wire Foam Cutter

Dan Sheehan dsheehan.sml at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 20:17:26 UTC 2023

Been quite a while, butI have used piano music wire, forget which gauge.
It's super good steel.
Compromise between amperes required to get it hot enough
and maintaining enough  strength to hold shape while hot.

And the fumes were nasty.
Fan blowing across the work to outdoors,
worker stands between fan & work.

On Wed, Jul 19, 2023 at 11:41 AM Jeffrey Kanyuck via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Hello Everyone!
>     I am in the process of setting up a hot wire foam cutter to make
> specific shapes such as large oversized moldings for sets. What wire have
> any of you used for creating a shape that stays while running the foam down
> it?
>
> Jeff Kanyuck

...Dan Sheehan
Fixer of things that break
TD Walpole (MA) Footlighters
*​**​"**Life isn't about how to survive the storm, *
*     but how to dance in the rain.**"*