[SML] Quiet solenoid?

Joe jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 23:18:50 UTC 2023

Regarding the 5 wire, I did a little more research.  It seems the extra wires are so that one lock can trigger other locks.  With this type, if you unlock one door from the outside using a key, all the other locks also unlock.  I wonder if this sort of thing also introduces a delay.  This may be a good thing if you want to trigger a series of actuators, such as in a kabuki drop. This may prevent the large current drop as you power up a bunch of motors at once.  Though, in my recollection, opening a car door with a key seems to open the locks all at the same time. But, perhaps they are just fast enough that I don't notice that they are not simultaneous.

-Joe