[SML] call to be seated clarion fanfare suggestions wanted

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Tue Jun 20 02:13:05 UTC 2023

On 6/19/2023 4:38 PM, tech dept via Stagecraft wrote:
> I find myself in need of different 4 clarion fanfares
> First off I am under strict volume limits, so I cannot clobber the
> patrons with volume to over-top their din.
> #1 An absolutely attention grabbing call to be seated
> #2 A distinctive yet respective upscale formal call to be seated
> #3 A totally different "the dj has an announcement" ( like it's time to
> pause eating and watch the couple first dance)
> #4  Finally something lighter for the end of the night closing thank
> you's, or the bar is back open or closing for dinner seating
> Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated, heck I might even
> use most of them because our customer base is so diverse

   The audio tone that gets played just before door closing in your
city's subway system.   Followed by the announcement to please take your
seats or hang on securely.

Starting at very low volume, gradually getting louder.  The airport
terminal PA soundtrack from the movie AIRPLANE.  Nonsense, but amusing
nonsense.  Gains the attention as it gets more silly.

The Star Trek red alert sound from the original series.

A Bosun's whistle from any US Navy movie soundtrack.  Then the
announcement. "Now hear this. Now hear this.  All hands assume viewing
seats and darken theater for the show. " Voice suitably processed to
sound like a ship's 1MC speaker.  Or whatever announcement you like.

I was about to suggest the Emergency Broadcast System's attention tone,
but there are laws that restrict unauthorized use of it.

Set of various cell phone ring tones.

Dale