[SML] More stupid VectorWorks questions

Jeff Forbes jforbes1956 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 19:41:58 UTC 2023

Hello all, adventures with VectorWorks 2024 continue apace and now there are two new issues bugging me.

(1) This may be a Soft Symbols problem rather than a VW problem: A theatre I’m doing a show at added a bunch of new ETC LEDs to their stock, so on my plot I added ColorSource 36° DB Spots, ColorSource Linear 2 DB, and Source 4 Cyc ColorSource DB.
The ColorSource Spots and the Linear 2s show up as 2 instruments, although a bit offset from each other which is how I noticed it. Channel 71 was reading as channel 7711. The Linear 2s are also 2 instruments, but the ColorSource Spots w/cyc adaptors are perfectly fine.
Now, if I click on one of the offenders and look at the Object Info palette it was saying at first that I had 2 lighting devices selected. Now it just says one device, but 2 cells. So they’re reading as multi-cell devices? LightWright 6 also reads them as 2 instruments with the same unit number. Deleting one cell deletes the entire fixture. Oh, and if I double click on one of the offending fixtures and open the window that shows all of the data for that light there is a section to the left called “cells”, which lists the instrument as 2 cells.

Onward…

(2) Inventory management is quite different now. I think I followed all of the instructions to the letter, but I can’t get the Instrument Key, which is now called the Equipment Summary, to show the number of each type of instrument remaining unused. In the Object Info palette I've checked “show counts” and “compare to inventory”. What I get is 36/0 when it should read something like 36/52.

These are both driving me crazy..

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Forbes
jforbes1956 at gmail.com