[SML] Soft Symbols vs VectorWorks 2023

Jeff Forbes jforbes1956 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 20:48:07 UTC 2023

So I’ve only had VectorWorks 2023 for a handful of months now, so I haven’t had the occasion to really use all of the features yet. But this past weekend I was drafting a plot for a small room that I’ve never seen or worked in before, and I dropped in some focus points in order to get an idea of what certain beam spreads would look like there, but none of the instruments I was trying would focus correctly. Assigning a focus point resulted in a beam that was pointing straight down at the floor, and in 3D side view the light was coming out of the bottom shutter opening apparently.
I tried the stock ETC symbols that are built in and they work fine, as did another set of symbols that I borrowed from another light plot that had been sent to me. When you focus an instrument using those symbols there are now pan and tilt info boxes that get automatically filled in, and the lights now reorient themselves in 3D view to match.
So my question here is, I see I have v3 of  Field Templates Soft Symbols and there is a version 4 out, but has that version been updated to deal with all of the new parameters in VW? Paging Steve Shelley:)

Jeff Forbes
jforbes1956 at gmail.com