[SML] Pro audio out to 1/8" mini....

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed Sep 13 21:07:38 UTC 2023

Actually, I'm now seeing things like these are expecting a mic level XLR
input... my board only does line level outputs (via XLR, or any output) -
and consumer-grade cameras are expecting a mic level input, which makes
sense, but that's not what my board can output....

The latest annoyance, er, I mean project, is streaming a live presentation
through MediaCast, in case anyone knows what that is. (MediaCrap, as we
call it.) Their streaming box has an 1/8" connection for audio, but no one
yet has been able to figure out how to get it to use that jack, much less
whether it's line level, or mic level. The camcorder that's plugged into
the MediaCrap box has an 1/8" mic input, with un-controllable auto-gain and
is completely unusable, with a professional sound board.  <sigh>

 - Jon

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com