[SML] Surveillance cameras on the audience?

Jeff Forbes jforbes1956 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 20:05:51 UTC 2023

I imagine by now most of us have seen the video of "Boebert Behaving Badly at Beetlejuice”. I look forward to seeing signs in theater lobbies now saying things like “Don’t Be A Boebert. No flash photography, no vaping, no crotch grabbing!”

But my main question is, how prevalent is it nowadays for theaters to have infra red  surveillance cameras trained on the audience? I didn’t even know that was a thing and none of the theaters I work in engage in that practice. But I may go back to masking in theaters just for that reason alone.

Jeff Forbes
jforbes1956 at gmail.com