[SML] LED Star Curtain Control

David Neale dneale at asij.ac.jp
Wed Apr 10 11:27:05 UTC 2024

Howdy listers.  I hope this finds you all well.  Our high school musical
opens next week.  Tech is this Saturday.  We are using a star curtain
purchased by my predecessor many moons ago.  I know it is a relatively
inexpensive model purchased from an outfit in China but there is nothing on
the curtains or DMX boxes indicating the name of the company and there is
no manual.  My predicament is I can't figure out how to patch it.   I'm on
an ETC Ion desk and know that each curtain requires 6 DMX channels. (My
predecessor wrote it on the DMX boxes.) I dug through the Generic fixture
profiles but didn't find any likely candidates.  I tried to create a new
fixture prolife but don't know which parameters go with which channels.
When plugged in, the LEDs light up.  I just can't control them.

*David Neale*

*Theater Manager *

*"To entertain, inspire, and have the time of our lives"*

*The American School in Japan*