[SML] LED Star Curtain Control

David Neale dneale at asij.ac.jp
Fri Apr 19 12:07:28 UTC 2024

First off, apologies for not responding earlier.  The star curtain was one
item on a "things-to-get-done-before-the-show opens" list that stretched
halfway to the moon.  We're doing Cinderella (The Enchanted Version).  I
have a great crew of kids on lights, sound, props and set but, as tends to
be the case I still found myself in a marathon hell week with cues being
written and paint drying even as the audience was gathering in the lobby!

Thank you for all of the responses, especially Greg and Ford.  I really
appreciate it.  I did try to set up a custom fixture profile but didn't
have any success in the 60 minutes I budgeted to troubleshoot.  I ended up
plugging them into an adapter and running them through a standard circuit.
ON/OFF only.  We wrap the show next Saturday.  After that, I'm going to
take a day and go to battle with the damn thing.  If I can't get it under
control, it might be time to add a new item line to next year's budget.  If
it comes to that... any recommendations?

*David Neale*

*Theater Manager *

*"To entertain, inspire, and have the time of our lives*

*The American School in Japan*