[SML] Par 38 90w incandescent bulbs

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Mon Feb 12 23:31:05 UTC 2024

Thanks Bruce

I tested a Canto Par 56 300w replacement version for the Canopy above stage (122 Narrow Par 56) 3 years ago.  Went with the ETC ARC system DMX dimmable units.  very happy with those.

Had to mix high output and regular output, and that limited my lamp choice (dim to warm would have been nice).  You don’t get that nice 22% warm glow with the LEDs.  Sigh.

I really don’t want to convert my house lights to a DMX unit (more addresses !!!!   and wire pull to each and every pot light  UGH)
But a good dimming screw in LED replacement isn’t there yet. . . .

I’ll look back at Canto.

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director, Head Lighting Technician
Chan Centre

Phone 604 822 2372
andrew.riter at ubc.ca<mailto:andrew.riter at ubc.ca>