[SML] [EXTERNAL] box booms

Jeffrey Kanyuck JKanyuck at Harford.edu
Mon Feb 19 16:33:24 UTC 2024

I would definitely push for the box booms.
Mention the arts programming at the school and being able to teach the practical of using the box booms in real life and using them for the shows for the proper techniques. The art of the shows, blah blah blah, the kids being able to go on to colleges showing their portfolios etc.

Jeff Kanyuck

From: Stagecraft <stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net> On Behalf Of Bill Conner via Stagecraft
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2024 10:12 AM
To: Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Cc: Bill Conner <billconnerastc at gmail.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [SML] box booms

Please use caution: This email was sent from outside of HCC.

I'm working with an architect who is resisting having a lighting position on the cheek walls of a new 700 seat theatre with 15' of forestage. I showed horizontal rails, vertical rails, and coves with and without access behind. He showed on picture of a HS theate without.  And the school does pride themselves on the their performing arts program.

First, a lesson. Once you retire, don't un-retire no matter what, even for just one gig.

So, group, should I keep insisting on a box boom lighting position or give up?

I have a rail on the rear wall also, a "balcony rail" position, which I'm guessing will get attacked also.  I just keep remembering Tom Skelton saying repeatedly "rail is best".

Thanks!