[SML] work/supply box expendables

Jerry Durand jdurand at durandinterstellar.com
Fri Feb 23 05:46:23 UTC 2024

My father used an ugly brownish color.

At one company my assistant Cliff and I made up a special test box that
would run our product through heavy use.  It wasn't long before the
production guys asked me where the box was.  ????

It turns out Marketing had taken it to demo the product at a trade
show.  When they got back I instructed Cliff to "make it ugly". Orange
lightning bolt and random bits cut out of case.

Marketing screams, "We can't use that in trade show, it looks
terrible!"  Good work Cliff, job well done.

Marketing had to pay Cliff to build one for them in his off-hours.  Now
they were happy, Cliff had some extra money, and production could
continue to ship product to customers.