[SML] Wafter lights via DMX

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 15:43:40 UTC 2024

Do you have to use your tape driver, or could you use the linked lights and
an ETC Foundry Phase Adaptive dimmer module?  The ETC device is $256 at a
lot of places.  Buy one of those and one of the lights on Amazon and test
it.  They dim ordinary LED retrofit lamps pretty well.  Or try calling an
ETC rep and see if they can tell you. And ETC has a database of their
products dimmind a wide variety of fixtures - might be there.

I don't think you're going to find wafer lights without a driver, and can't
imagine it's worth tearing the driver out of all of them to be able to
dim them with different drivers.

And I apologize if I'm totally off base but have had success on numerous
projects dimming LED fixtures with integral drivers via some dimmers.
That's all any of the recommended wall box dimmers do - only there are
better.

On Wed, Jun 12, 2024 at 10:44 AM Sean McCarthy via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Hive mind: Looking for a 'wafer' style install light that I can use with
> LED tape drivers. Something like the photo; just that look, not necessarily
> that product. Looking to put 24-36 of them into a piece of scenery.
> 3" to 6" diameter, 2800°-3200°K, ~400-800 lumens. Voltage (at the optical
> assembly, NOT the 'system' of 12-24VDC.
> Anyone accomplish this and have product suggestions?
>
> Something like these:
> https://www.amazon.com/Amico-Ultra-Thin-Selectable-Can-Killer-Brightness/dp/B08NSX2Y1B/ref=sr_1_17?crid=27T60AD5O6AE5&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.OUOkJHyK7yI1iw2rNkMkgK_28h05Nepu8HBmjB3GpBoyHi4oo-QHiAWQ9t02KY3PR3epNh1WmyGTzZ6HKGTqjrnSX0tDL0aqS4ZyXc7-kGAqS3xOy5XNXXphikS93TyAfzFgnjZgnBOsKLuEu2YVcGTm7QOXjPM4IduzNVrnYFZjybRWuptOoESigWMDW6X5cxKGvegCby1dszehgpkf5vk5A1ABFZpmwgK651hePOXkuPRFzJEa_FM1iQhhaKjKnUC8cFQk5QQamaG15J7HH36u1UmGRfrKfBzEduj2_hc.w1ppF1nc6x2fH7d51uTa742kvhDVW2a-2leC6q0Q0vg&dib_tag=se&keywords=wafer+light&qid=1718192038&sprefix=wafer+light%2Caps%2C89&sr=8-17
> THANK YOU!

Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC