[SML] Was Torqueing truss, Now Grounding Truss

Joe Golden joe at joegoldenenterprises.com
Sun Mar 24 02:16:51 UTC 2024

Not to totally hijack Joel's query about torqueing truss, but I was
recently asked about adding "dragontooth" washers to truss bolts to ensure
that there was a "proper" ground path for ground supported structures. This
also doesn't bring into play the dissimilar metals and needing to use NolOx
or something similar at each bolt.

 I checked ANSI E1.21 and the only mention of grounding was to clean the
tube with steel wool before applying the ground clamp.

Does anyone have any other citations not to use these washers. I am against
it do to excessive wear of the bolt plates.
Joe Golden