[SML] Fixing DMX Cables

Kristi R-C misswisc at aol.com
Thu Mar 28 14:04:52 UTC 2024

 Stuart - if someone is not comfortable fixing electrical equipment, they SHOULD find someone who is. That’s not something we want un-trained folks to do.
Ross - If it’s only the outer cover, you may be able to simply put a couple of wraps of black electrical tape around it and return to service. If the inner wires are also melted, I’d find someone to cut off that damaged section and re-solder that end onto the shortened cable, OR replace the cable. Remind people who are installing lights that no cables should rest on the light body.
Kristi R-C