[SML] Fixing DMX Cables

Phil Johnson corpus.crispy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 14:46:52 UTC 2024

I found a company called iFixit that
Sent me an email recently about soldering and had some tutorials. Also soldering stations and soldering guides. I use them to fix my iPhone that I have in the garage and their how to guides are really useful.  They also have tool sets that are really useful for working on small components and some holders for soldering connectors and things. I know there are lots of things out there but these people seem to have it going on. I can recommend them for their repair guides as well.

What are the things I found soldering that really helped me was a needlepoint soldering tip. It allowed me to get precise placement of the heat and a small enough profile that it didn’t put excess heat where I didn’t want it on the connectors. Just a suggestion.

Phil Johnson, retired

Sent from my iPhone