[SML] Fixing DMX Cables

Kristi R-C misswisc at aol.com
Fri Mar 29 15:54:16 UTC 2024

 They are. You get what you pay for. Sometimes the cheap cables are OK - often they are not.

    On Friday, March 29, 2024, 10:38:35 AM CDT, *Hobbit* via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

 The thing that really drives me nuts these days is how the plastic bodies
of knockoff connectors *cannot* take soldering heat, and start distorting
as soon as the pin gets hot.  Known-brand connectors, especially the handful
of older ones I have around [neutrik, switchcraft] seem to use much better
material in the body that can actually decently withstand soldering, even if
I'm on a lug a little longer than normal.  And I decided a while back that
simply refusing to try and repair that awful tiny TA3 junk was a path to
maintaining my sanity.

Pining for good ol' bakelite...

_H*