[SML] house light control systems recommendations needed

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 22:12:17 UTC 2014

Andrew-

I've been watching this and surprised by how few responses but my
observation is, turning on 4-8 systems a year - Paradigm (ETC's Unison
line) is your best choice,  No one in a digital age deals with sliders
very well, so if you could see your way to no sliders - just buttons
and touch screen - I think you'd be happier.  Last action takes
precedence just doesn't feel right top theatre people, always a game
of "who has control".  We do put a slider page or two on the touch
screen which is a little easier - they all follow like motorized
faders - but not like analog days with nice sliders and take controls.

But Philips VisionNET works - plan some extra time and fight for an
A-list tech for turn-on and beware the defaults it ships with.
Fleenor is not bad for smaller rooms.I have little hands on experience
with others but not many think like theatre - better suited to
restaurants and such IMHO.

--
Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC