[SML] house light control systems recommendations needed

PJ Veltri pjveltri at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 22:43:22 UTC 2014

I work in 5 spaces, two with Unison Paradigm, two with unison classic and
one with an old Electronics Diversified system. I absolutely love the
Paradigm system and would recommend it 100%. What's absolutely great about
it is that you or your service rep can entirely customize the system to
your needs, touch screens can be paged easily and can have pretty much
whatever layout you need on them. I also really enjoy the proximity sensor
on the wall mount stations that light up when you get near to them so that
you aren't sitting there tapping the screen a few times to wake it up.

Andrew, regarding your original post, asking about multiple rooms and
switches per room, I was talking with our service tech a few years back and
he was telling me about a system he did for a hospital or college where
each room was its own zone but there were macros written to start up the
system daily and shut it down as needed as well as a central station for
security. I know the details are pretty vague, but it just goes to show how
configurable Paradigm can actually be.

ETC will also create custom button panels for you, (I think that's how we
got what we wanted, it's been a few years), if you, like us, aren't a fan
of their standard five button preset stations.

That being said, if you are just looking to add a button station I've had a
lot of luck with the Fleenor Preset 10. It installs easily and is pretty
bomb proof, I've had one running in a middle school auditorium for about 3
years with daily use by teachers and students.

HTH,
PJ