[SML] Road case weights.

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Thu Dec 4 16:55:43 UTC 2014

I wrote in error:

> >> Figure out weight of the amount of materials (1.5 sheets of 3/4 ply x
> >> 50lb per sheet = 75lbs)
> >
> > Except the fact that a 4x8 sheet of 3/4 ply weighs more than 50lb.
> > I'd always been told 72#, and I think that's either from the Backstage
> > Handbook or the Pocket Ref...but
> > http://parr.com/PDFs/PG_plywoodthickness.pdf pegs it at 60.8#.

Alright, alright.  Busted.

I should have recalled sooner the actual weight of a sheet, but speed and accuracy are in an inverse relationship to each other.  It was only supposed to be a quick example (cheeky, but quick).

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director / Head Lighting Technician

604-822-2372
Andrew.riter at ubc.ca