[SML] house light control systems recommendations needed

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 15:07:28 UTC 2014

On 12/5/14 12:37 AM, June Abernathy via Stagecraft wrote:

> Besides that horrible scenario, Cleaning People like to hit the magic
> button and then leave the lights on for days or a week or more at a
> time, because they have no way to turn them off. (Not that they have
> much inclination to do when they DO have the capacity). Some day, I
> will take one of them up in the dark to help me change out the light
> bulbs in high dirty difficult places that have been left on and
> therefore burnt out because of their jerky behavior.

Our system has a "Clean" button built in.  Turns on the work lights for
two hours before resetting to "Night" mode.

Naturally, I got a call from the theatre department's ME, saying the
work light system was broken and would randomly plunge the stage into
darkness in the middle of a work call.  A few questions discovered it
wasn't random, it happened two hours into every work call.  The tech
staff had been using the "Clean" mode instead of the "Work" mode.

Easiest repair I've ever done. :)

Steve L.

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall