[SML] house light control systems recommendations needed

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 19:34:23 UTC 2014

On 12/5/14 7:51 AM, Keith Arsenault via Stagecraft wrote:
> my theatre has four key operated house light overrides ( badly
> located I might add )  they weren’t going to be key operated until I
> LOUDLY protested during the final phases of construction . .
>
> got the keys from the contractor . . and locked them in my desk . .
> .
>
> never to be seen again  .

My former theatre had a hybrid AMX (not analog mulitplex)/Strand system.
  There were panic buttons around the theatre and a touch panel behind a
lockable cover.  In show mode (There was an actual button labeled
"Show") the panic buttons were disabled so there would be no accidental
button presses.  The house manager was trustworthy, so there were no
abuses of the touch panel.

While I wouldn't recommend the hardware (the interface between the
Strand and AMX processors was finicky.  Ok, the Strand processor was
finicky.  I'll admit it.) the user interface was good and we rarely had
any issues.  (Except the aforementioned "Clean/Work" mode confusion.)

Steve L.

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall