[SML] house light control systems recommendations needed

Kristi R-C misswisc at aol.com
Fri Dec 5 19:33:56 UTC 2014

Nope.

House manager has control of the patrons; techs control the lights. Else some lovely volunteer will lean against the button at the wrong time and spring everyone into blindness.

An "annoying beep" will be interpreted as "Maybe it's a fire alarm, maybe not, what should I do, perhaps I should stand up or no wait perhaps or, I'm so confused."

One of my pet peeves is the person assigned to the task of "House Lights" who asks the stage manager "When to I have to be back on com?" The duty of House Lights is to be there in case the house lights need to be brought up. Just like if you sit in the exit row of an airplane, you need to accept the duty of being there and doing your duty in the case of emergency.

Kristi R-C