[SML] house light control systems recommendations needed

Chip Wood chip.a.wood at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 20:35:59 UTC 2014

Many studies show that flashing lights and/ or beeps (annoying or not)
actually slow down correct reaction times because people stop and wonder
what they mean before reaction, esp true in the car.  A calm
authoritative voice message produces faster correct responses in naive
subjects.  Now that this is as cheap ( recorded on thumb or HD drive) as
a physical bell or light I wonder why they are not used more often. And
don't bring up "The door is ajar" fiasco, most of us have learned our
lesson.  Think more of the polite voice in your GPS nav unit.

Chip 1

On 12/5/2014 12:33 PM, Kristi R-C via Stagecraft wrote