[SML] Alt Follows Spots Cira 1960

Dale Farmer dalesql at verizon.net
Mon Dec 8 03:34:31 UTC 2014

On 12/7/2014 10:20 PM, Ross via Stagecraft wrote:
> For an upcoming production, I was asked to rehab a Alt Spotlight.  The
> main thing that was wrong with it, the light beam did not seem as the
> bright (compared to the other on we have).  Having cleaned the lenses,
> I think that will do the trick, but there are other minor things wrong
> with it.
> Are their plans out their that say exactly how the levers are suppose
> to work.  I have a shoe string budget, and we open New Years eve.  It
> not mission critial that I get it fix before then, but I might as well
> do something while I am think about it.
> (FYI, the show we are doing is the mid-west preimer of 'Murder Ballad'
> at History Boy theatre in Jefferson, Ia.)
> Clay Ross
> Pro Dreamer

   Which model spot?   They made a lot of them, and they all are
different in various ways.

   Commonly you would find one or more focusing and zoom adjustment
knobs, an iris knob, shutter knob, various effects and gel knobs. (Knobs
may also be levers)

    Generally they can be fixed up by a good cleaning and relubing (with
correct high temp lubes) and judicious bending of metal back into it's
place.

   --Dale