[SML] DMX cable 2-into-1

Derek Leffew derek at derekleffew.com
Tue Dec 9 23:17:11 UTC 2014

> Several years ago one of the vendors (I thought it was Lex Products,
> but they say 'no') was selling adapters that split the 5-wire DMX
> cable into two separate universes.  It was a mated pair of
Regardless of what they may say now, it WAS Lex. Here¹s what the non-defunct
link parsed to:
Data Products Cables & Adaptors: Universe Saver Adapter Set | Lex Products
<http://www.lexproducts.com/cs/entertainment_product?id=487&market=Entertain
ment&productLineId=9>
A Lex Products Nov 2007 Price List has Part#DMXUSS, DMX 5 Pin Universe Saver
Pair, MSRP at $104.62.

But why stop there? Use any old piece of CAT5 and
http://www.tmb.com/products/82-sneak-snake
and get four universes down a single cable.