[SML] supplier for Manufactured swagged cables

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Tue Dec 9 23:55:27 UTC 2014

The university is kindly installing a horizontal life line for my catwalk (multiple sections of cables).

It's been engineered and all that, but the local supplier contracted to supply the swagged cables is a) claiming the engineering is bunk and b) not returning the Project Manager's phone calls.

I make no claims as to the (un)bunk-ness of the engineering or the quality of the supplier's opinion.

Who (other than Sapsis) would be in the market to build and ship the cables?

(I'm not excluding Sapsis, I'll forward that contact and others to the PM).

I have no details, I'm just the (unhappy) end user.  I just think you would need to work pretty hard to fall out of the catwalk.  But what do I know?

Thanks everyone.

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director / Head Lighting Technician

Chan Centre for the Performing Arts
6265 Crescent Road
Vancouver, BC
V6T 1Z1