[SML] supplier for Manufactured swagged cables

Bill Sapsis bill at sapsis-rigging.com
Wed Dec 10 03:13:20 UTC 2014

Whew!

Made the cut.

:-)

Bill S.
http://www.sapsis-rigging.com
Bill at sapsis-rigging.com
+1.215.228.0888   ext 206
+1.267.278.4561 mobile

PS.  Yes, it¹s oftentimes hard to fall out of a catwalk.  But not always.
Hence the need for a lifeline.

From:  Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Date:  Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at 6:55 PM
To:  Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net>
Subject:  [SML] supplier for Manufactured swagged cables

The university is kindly installing a horizontal life line for my catwalk
(multiple sections of cables).

It¹s been engineered and all that, but the local supplier contracted to
supply the swagged cables is a) claiming the engineering is bunk and b) not
returning the Project Manager¹s phone calls.

I make no claims as to the (un)bunk-ness of the engineering or the quality
of the supplier¹s opinion.

Who (other than Sapsis) would be in the market to build and ship the cables?

(I¹m not excluding Sapsis, I¹ll forward that contact and others to the PM).

I have no details, I¹m just the (unhappy) end user.  I just think you would
need to work pretty hard to fall out of the catwalk.  But what do I know?

Thanks everyone.

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director / Head Lighting Technician

Chan Centre for the Performing Arts
6265 Crescent Road
Vancouver, BC
V6T 1Z1