[SML] Rigging inspections & OSHA

Bill Sapsis bill at sapsis-rigging.com
Wed Dec 10 03:09:37 UTC 2014

There are no OSHA regulations that relate specifically to theatrical rigging
equipment and their inspection regimen.  There are a number of OSHA
regulations for other hoisting equipment that have been interpreted by
myself and others to include theatrical rigging equipment.

OSHA also requires the user to comply with all manufacturer specifications
and requirements.  This may include inspections.  (it depends on the
manufacturer)

For what it¹s worth, ANSI E1.4-2014 is being revised by my Rigging Working
Group and I would not be surprised if there is an inspection component in
the standard when it is approved.  I expect a public review period for this
document to begin sometime in January.  Stay tuned.

Thanks

Bill S.
http://www.sapsis-rigging.com
Bill at sapsis-rigging.com