[SML] Fly system

Richard John Archer rja10 at cornell.edu
Thu Dec 11 21:16:41 UTC 2014

So we had a thread on getting your fly system inspected.   Is there a "standard" time frame for getting your system replaced?   For instance, I'm at a college.   Our theatre is mostly used by the department so not a lot of rough usage.  No big tours, some touring dance etc.  We are nearing 30 years.  Standard T track single purchase system (Clancy).   Should this be on a  30? 40? or 50? year replacement schedule?   Never too early to start begging for money.
Ditto all the rest of the systems in here from seating to dimmers to the elevator.

DickA
TD, Cornell U