[SML] Mopping Marley

Randy Storms randy.storms at mountbakertheatre.com
Sun Dec 14 22:31:34 UTC 2014

*sigh* Nutcracker season again..  One of the (70-odd) dancers took a spill
last night, and someone from the production blamed it on the Marley being
too *dry*.  Is this a thing?  If so, it's counter-intuitive.  Anyway, they
asked us to delay mopping the dance floor until one hour prior to
performance, so that it would still be "not damp, but not dry, either."
 I've heard of mopping with a coke solution to increase traction (we will
not be doing this) but I've always believed the pre-show mopping of the
Marley was to get it clean, not to deliberately moisten it for better
traction.

Just sayin', the other 69 dancers did not seem to have any problems...

What sayeth the list?

Randy Storms
Mount Baker Theatre
Bellingham, WA