[SML] Gas or Electric for Dryers

Mt. Angel Performing Arts Center admin at mtangelperformingarts.com
Thu Dec 18 18:43:37 UTC 2014

 From personal experience with home laundry equipment definitely gas.

Gas has faster warmup, generally lower cost per BTU.

If your electrical power is primarily hydroelectric then the cost
advantage might not be as great as with hydrocarbon fuel-fired  generation.

With either heat source we scavenge dryer heat into the living space
during cold weather rather than exhaust all those toasty therms to the
outdoors.

Carla