[SML] Gas or Electric for Dryers

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 04:59:26 UTC 2014

Dear Carla,
Note:  You want the lint to leave, so don't exhaust it in your laundry
room. Treated lint is the primary component in dynamite; The nitric
acid has to have something to absorb it, when packaging the dynamite
sticks for safe handling.
/s/ Richard
_________

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Mt. Angel Performing Arts Center via
Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> From personal experience with home laundry equipment definitely gas.
>
> Gas has faster warmup, generally lower cost per BTU.
>
> If your electrical power is primarily hydroelectric then the cost advantage
> might not be as great as with hydrocarbon fuel-fired  generation.
>
> With either heat source we scavenge dryer heat into the living space during
> cold weather rather than exhaust all those toasty therms to the outdoors.
>
> Carla
>

> On 12/18/2014 6:27 AM, Stephen Rees via Stagecraft wrote:
>>
>> I know this is not a costumer list, but I wonder if any of you might
>> have any insights into the efficacy of electric versus gas dryers in a
>> university costume shop application. The program does a lot of fabric
>> dyeing for productions as well as class work in addition to daily
>> laundry of costume items for running productions. Please share your
>> rationales for one or the other.
>> Many thanks in advance.
>> Steve Rees

/s/ Richard